Saturday, July 2, 2011

Aidan

Aidan

Aidan, we've had a busy day today for our first leg of the trip. We spent yesterday with my sister in Venice Beach, CA and drove late last night back to San Diego. With four hours of sleep, jumped on a plane this morning at 6 a.m. and arrived in Minneapolis around noon. Whew. Just finished packing and now it's time to get on the bike. I hope they have ice cream where we are going. Well the water bottles are filled, after much frustration I finally found my road bike shoes that where tucked away in a cubby in the garage. I guess I thought that was a smart move, clearly it was not. I've changed into my cycling kit which I will be wearing every day for the next 9-10 days. I know, gross.

Well, it's a beatiful day today Aidan, 84 degrees and lots of sun and very little wind. Our goal today is Belle Plaine, MN. Just 40 miles away, but with the 3pm start that's a good start. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes. I'm ready to jump in a pool.

Thanks for being my motivation today Aidan.

No comments: